Metromix Pty Limited and its subsidiaries (“we”) recognise the trust you are placing in us through your dealings with us. We do everything we can to maintain that trust. We are committed to the protection of your personal information. Our policies comply with our legal obligations and are intended to protect your privacy as we collect, use, disclose and retain information we gather about you.
What information we collect and why
When you deal with us the personal information we collect about you may, among other things, include details of your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone number, e-mail address, bank account and credit reference details, credit card details, occupation and driver’s licence number. It may also include details of the services or products we provide to you, as well as the status of those services or products.
We collect this information for purposes which include:
- to provide relevant services and products to you
- to administer and manage those services and products, including charging, billing and collecting debts
- to conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and fraud
- to promote and market to you other services or products which we consider may be of interest to you, unless you contact us and tell us not to do so.
Sources of your personal information
We may collect your personal information:
- when reasonable and practicable, directly from you (eg when you provide information to us over the phone or in documents such as an application form)
- from third parties (eg from our subsidiaries, credit reporting agencies, your representative, etc)
- from publicly available sources of information
- from the other organisations identified under "Disclosing your information".
How your information is stored
All your personal details and information are only accessible by authorised personnel and are either:
- destroyed or returned to you if no longer needed, or
- stored securely in either paper or electronic form.
How you can update, correct, or delete your personal information
If you would like to:
- know what personal information we hold about you, or
- update, correct or delete the personal information we hold about you
please contact the Metromix Privacy Officer in writing at Level 4 / 107 Phillip Street,
Parramatta NSW 2150.
Disclosing your information
We understand how important your privacy is, and so we only disclose your personal information to third parties in certain limited circumstances. These disclosures will be made subject to appropriate privacy and confidentiality protections.
The organisations to which we usually disclose information include:
- our subsidiaries and related bodies corporate
- outsourced service providers who manage the services we provide to you, including those who manage our:
- customer inquiries
- mailing systems
- billing and debt-recovery functions
- marketing functions
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies
- other credit providers for credit related purposes such as credit-worthiness and financing
our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers, and
- your representatives (eg your legal advisers).
This information relates to our current privacy standards. We may vary our privacy standards from time to time. We will notify you of these changes by publishing them on our website.
If something goes wrong
Please contact the Metromix Commercial Manager in writing at Level 4 / 107 Phillip Street
Parramatta NSW 2150 if you believe:
- someone has gained access to your personal information by mistake
- we have breached our privacy obligations or your privacy rights in any way, or
We will try to satisfy any questions that you have and correct any errors on our part.